CBD or cannabidiol is a marijuana product that is completely legal – everywhere! Yes … you read that correctly.
And while it may be hard to believe, no matter where you live you can purchase CBD cannabis products online and have them delivered right to your door. Useful for a variety of health purposes you can choose from edible foods and candy, capsules and topical rubs plus other products, too! It’s up to you but if you are still living without cannabis in your daily life and health regimen you’re missing out on one of the most powerful natural remedies on Earth.
Cannabis is only continuing to grow in popularity and legality not only here in America, but across the globe. However, many people are still unsure about using the derivatives of marijuana in their homes. Never fear. Cannabis is one of the most helpful substances to start using in your everyday health regimen, you just may not know it yet.
What is CBD, Cannabidiol?
CBD, or cannabidiol is just one of the phyto-chemicals derived from the marijuana plant in the class known as cannabinoids. There are about 112 other cannabinoid chemicals including one of the most well-known – D-9 tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) the psychoactive cannabinoid found in marijuana. Unlike THC, CBD is best known for its medicinal properties that positively affect the immune system, inflammation and pain relief.
3 Health Benefits of CBD
There are many documented ways that CBD has been shown to offer health benefits. Here are just 3 reasons you should start using CBD, cannabidiol in your everyday regimen.
1. Mental Health. Fear, mental stress and anxiety all play a vital role in our fast-paced lives. However, when these mental functions turn from necessary into excessive, they can take over and even become a full-blown disorder.
One study confirms that CBD is a broad-spectrum solution for neuropsychiatric disorders including anxiety along with generalized anxiety disorder, panic disorder, social anxiety disorder, obsessive compulsive disorder and post-traumatic stress disorder.
2. Skin Health & Acne. Your skin is the first line of defense against environmental toxins like that of UV rays from the sun. It is also the largest detoxification organ needed to remove harmful waste and toxic overload inside your body. For this reason, many people struggle to maintain skin health due to poor diet, environmental pollutants and other toxins. However, CBD can help! Due to its potent and powerful anti-inflammatory abilities CBD is an ideal ingredient in skincare applications.
3. Diabetes. For some people, the risk of developing diabetes is very real. And while diabetes may worsen with chronic inflammation, CBD has been suggested as a potential natural therapy. Recent research published in the Clinical Hemorheology and Microcirculation found that CBD may ease the inflammation in the pancreas in type 1 diabetes subjects. This gives many people hope that scientists will continue to develop a CBD-based treatment for type 1 diabetes.
How Much CBD Do I Need?
Because CBD products are completely legal, you do NOT need a marijuana license to purchase them. Try adding CBD to your everyday health regimen and you will clearly see the health benefits. They include those listed above plus many more!
But what’s the dosage? Here is a rough guideline for dosage based on common health problems that CBD may help with:
- Chronic pain: 5 – 20 milligrams (mg) by mouth for up to 1 month
- Sleep disorders: 40 – 160 mg daily
- Epilepsy: 200 – 300 mg of CBD by mouth daily for up to 4.5 months
NOTE: It is important to remember to check with your doctor before following any recommendation. Even those listed above. Before adding CBD or any other new health product to your everyday regimen all your healthcare provider for tips on monitoring your results.
Brittany Artwohl is a health and wellness specialist based out of sunny Arizona. There, she has worked for over 15 years as an aqua fitness trainer, lifeguard and coach. Today, Brittany contributes to publications including Mountain Weekly News and Vital Updates as she lives a natural outdoor lifestyle.